Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's up with the title?

I find myself to be in a bit of an interesting place as I hear the conversations go on about the clashing of the Old Guard and the New Guard.  I'm a child of this new generation being talked about that needs to get into the leather bars and keep the community alive.  I couldn't agree more!  I love being in my local leather bars in gear hanging out with like minded men enjoying our kinks together.  Not every weekend and every time I go out, but it's definitely nice to go and be welcomed by friends each time I go.

Though I have to say I know this isn't the experience that everyone has when they go into a leather bar.  Some feel out of place without a piece of leather or rubber on, and others feel as if they can't break into the groups of guys already standing around having a beer and sharing a laugh.  I find these tragedies, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not the first one to walk up to them and say hello and welcome them into my group of friends or just strike up a conversation with them.

But I've digressed, how is it that we want to welcome new people into our community to keep it alive and thriving when the people already trying can barely make it in?   Who are we to be welcoming people in when we have dissonance amongst ourselves about how our community should act, "Old or New Guard"?

Well I'll tell you I think it's gonna be real tough.  I do not claim to be an expert on Old Guard or New Guard for that matter, or even what the terms really refer to.  I do know the people who are a part of both worlds are not that different from one another and really want the same things and would benefit from the many mutual ideals, but as all people are too stubborn to acknowledge.  So for me knowing people on both sides and really enjoying and understanding aspects from each side of this topic I find I hold an interesting perspective and hope to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment